Welcome to Brownlow Fold Primary School……..Together we fly
Welcome to Brownlow Fold Primary
At Brownlow Fold our core purpose is to improve educational outcomes and to ensure that your child reaches their potential. By engaging with those in the school community and beyond, we can build a learning community that supports achievement and attainment. We embrace the opportunity to look out beyond our school gate and understand our larger role within the local community.
Our mission is to improve educational outcomes for all pupils at Brownlow Fold and to ensure that pupils leave us well prepared academically, socially and emotionally for the next stage of their education.
At Brownlow Fold our aim is to:
- Provide a stimulating, child-centred curriculum which inspires pupils to learn.
- Promote challenge in a safe and nurturing environment.
- Develop pupils that are confident, resilient, self-assured learners with excellent attitudes to learning.
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholders (home / school /child / governors / community).
- Ensure that pupils are safe and feel safe at all times.
- Encourage curiosity, enthusiasm and independence.
- Engender within school a caring and sharing ethos where children, parents and staff feel welcome, valued and respected.
- Teach children to respect each other and themselves.
Through engagement in authentic partnerships with families and the community, we believe that Brownlow Fold explores learning in all its possibilities and makes a contribution to the entire community’s capacity to learn. Working collaboratively with all stakeholders both within school and the local community has an extremely positive effect on your child’s learning experiences. We actively encourage parents to become involved in their children’s education because as we say in our school motto…
‘Together We Fly’
Mrs J Cheung – Headteacher
All pupils at Brownlow Fold are given the opportunity to work towards achieving the ‘Brownlow Fold Award’ This is the most prestigious award that any pupil at Brownlow Fold can achieve and involves a considerable amount of hard work, dedication and commitment from the pupil that extends beyond the school day. This award is designed to encourage our pupils to try new experiences, develop new interests and acquire new skills. We recognise the importance in supporting our children to become life-long learners and, in line with our whole school behaviour policy, focus on the development of developing the whole child which includes behaviour for learning.
6 Ways to Reduce Stress
Research from Yale University suggests that people who view stress as potentially aiding their subsequent performance feel better when in challenging situations and respond more productively. So what can we do to best help us manage potentially stressful situations?