The Headteacher and staff at Brownlow Fold have a clear vision and passionate commitment to ensuring that all pupils get the best education possible. (Ofsted Inspection – November 2016)
Our mission is to improve educational outcomes for all pupils at Brownlow Fold and to ensure that pupils leave us well prepared academically, socially and emotionally for the next stage of their education.
At Brownlow Fold our aim is to:
- Provide a stimulating, child-centred curriculum which inspires pupils to learn.
- Promote challenge in a safe and nurturing environment.
- Develop pupils that are confident, resilient, self-assured learners with excellent attitudes to learning.
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholders (home / school /child / governors / community).
- Ensure that pupils are safe and feel safe at all times.
- Encourage curiosity, enthusiasm and independence.
- Engender within school a caring and sharing ethos where children, parents and staff feel welcome, valued and respected.
- Teach children to respect each other and themselves.
At Brownlow Fold we want our pupils to:
- Love the challenge of learning and develop resilience.
- Be curious, interested learners who seek out and use new information to develop, consolidate and deepen their knowledge, understanding and skills.
- Thrive in lessons and regularly take up opportunities to learn.
- Recognise the difference between right and wrong.
- Discuss and debate issues in a considered way, showing respect for different ideas and points of view.
- To make informed choices about healthy eating, fitness and their emotional and mental well-being.
- Make consistently high rates of progress in relation to their starting points.
To achieve all of the above we must engage with those in the school community and beyond, to build a learning community which supports achievement and attainment because: