Brownlow Fold has one Head Boy and one Head Girl. They have to go through a rigorous selection process and work with the Headteacher to market and improve the school. The main responsibilities and tasks are as follows:
- Representing the school at events
- Making speeches promoting the school
- Showing visitors round
- Meeting with the school council and prefects
Mrs J Cheung is responsible for the Head Boy and Head Girl.
The Prefects are positive role models for all pupils at Brownlow Fold. The Prefects at Brownlow Fold consists of representatives from year six. The Prefects meet regualrly and focus on whole school issues. The Prefects play a very important role in the life of Brownlow Fold and put a lot of effort into making the school’s systems run smoothly.
Miss Bolton is responsible for the Prefects.
The Eco Council at Brownlow Fold consists of representatives from each class, from year three to year six. The Council meet regularly. Children are encouraged to express views and make decisions. The children have various tasks such as: emptying re-cycle bins and recording how much waste is produced to litter patrol around the school grounds.
Miss Price is responsible for the Eco Council.
Please click in the tabs below for more information.
The School Council at Brownlow Fold consists of representatives from each class, from year three to year six. The Council meet regualrly to express views and make decisions. At Brownlow Fold we are keen to know the views of our pupils.
Miss Anderson is responsible for the School Council.
The Reading Champions promote reading at Brownlow Fold. The Reading Champions at Brownlow Fold consists of representatives from each class, from year three to year six. The Reading Champions meet regularly and focus on ways in which to promote a ‘Love of Reading’ in school.
Mrs Clarkson is responsible for the Reading Champions.
The Librarians at Brownlow Fold consist of representatives from year six. The Librarians ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the library through issuing and return books, helping pupils using the library, tidying the library and promoting the library and a love of reading.
Mrs Ryder is responsible for the Librarians.
The Play Leaders at Brownlow Fold consist of representatives from year four, five and year six. Playleaders are children themselves who support other children on the playground to play games, resolve conflict peacefully and develop friendship skills. In order to undertake their role well our playleaders are:
- able to teach and play appropriate games
- able to mediate and problem solve
- trained and continuously supported by Miss Atkinson
The benefits of Play Leaders include:
- development of pupils’ social skills when dealing with conflicts
- the creation of an atmosphere of calm and cooperation in the playground
- an increase in pupils’ self-esteem
- an offer of alternative options to disruption and inappropriate behaviour
- the creation of a safe and positive environment that enhances play
- pupil empowerment and the teaching of emotional intelligence
- a reduction in bullying, inappropriate behaviours and unhappy pupils at playtimes.
Miss Hutchinson is responsible for the Play Leaders.