Welcome to Brownlow Fold Primary
At Brownlow Fold our core purpose is to improve educational outcomes and to ensure that your child reaches their potential. By engaging with those in the school community and beyond, we can build a learning community that supports achievement and attainment. We embrace the opportunity to look out beyond our school gate and understand our larger role within the local community.
Our mission is to improve educational outcomes for all pupils at Brownlow Fold and to ensure that pupils leave us well prepared academically, socially and emotionally for the next stage of their education.
At Brownlow Fold our aim is to:
- Provide a stimulating, child-centred curriculum which inspires pupils to learn.
- Promote challenge in a safe and nurturing environment.
- Develop pupils that are confident, resilient, self-assured learners with excellent attitudes to learning.
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholders (home / school /child / governors / community).
- Ensure that pupils are safe and feel safe at all times.
- Encourage curiosity, enthusiasm and independence.
- Engender within school a caring and sharing ethos where children, parents and staff feel welcome, valued and respected.
- Teach children to respect each other and themselves.
Through engagement in authentic partnerships with families and the community, we believe that Brownlow Fold explores learning in all its possibilities and makes a contribution to the entire community’s capacity to learn. Working collaboratively with all stakeholders both within school and the local community has an extremely positive effect on your child’s learning experiences. We actively encourage parents to become involved in their children’s education because as we say in our school motto…
‘Together We Fly’
We believe that making a school ‘welcoming’ is much more than a list of things we can do. Creating a welcoming atmosphere is more an attitude. We are the ones who create the true feeling of being welcomed. A smile, a Thank you, or a May I help you? coupled with a commitment to serve others reflects the true core values of all the staff at Brownlow Fold. All staff are valued equally and their voice heard. The positive dynamics within the team enable your children to reap the rewards of a united and committed staff. We are extremely proud of our school and visitors are always welcome.
If you would like to find out more about our school, please do not hesitate to contact us to arrange a visit.
Miss Hignett – Headteacher